COLD WINE

The floor got colder on my toes, as it continued to rain heavily on the roof, i feel tired from the heels i had on all day.

Still, that won't stop me, from getting him a cupcake and a Latin1986 wine across the forth stress. 

I had curled up on the sofa, with his sweats pants on. Waiting impatiently all evening for him. 

Still waiting, i finished the last vodka. I paced back and forth like an angry black woman, my breathing paced as i sweat heavily. I had closed all windows, and in a seconds the room had heated up. 

Olu! Olu! .... i heaved a loud sigh, don't try my temper... don't!

I yelled so loud, i could hear my echoes hanging still in the air. 

Past seven, not even a call, a text, a mistaken beep!

I tell you! He isn't worth it! He's a pig. I heard my spirit man mock irritably.

Just fucking shut up, i yelled back.

I was about to kiss the tip of my cigar, when my stomach yearn from hunger.

I had just forgotten to eat, coz i was so obsessed with him coming back early... jeez it's The third anniversary! I spoke harshly.

How had it gotten this bad? Did i not see it coming?? 

Or i just intentionally ignored, the red flags, coz i was already, a desperate old hag, whose age is running out, and just wanted to be fixed in a home, have someone to come back to every night, even when it seems, obviously forced.

Past eleven' he has staggered back home drunk and drenched in a bad smell. His rough steps had woken me up, and for the first time in three years, i realized my mistake.


Comments

Popular Posts