SÍRÌ ÉKÓ


 


It was early October. The fact, that the day was taking too long to creep into night, made my nerves crawl with irritation. I heaved a loud sigh, looking at the time on the wall clock, and realizing it's just past twelve! 
Argggggggg abah! I hissed out loud.
Take in a deep breath Lara, this too shall pass, remember' says the Lord. 
Yeah, i whispered with my left hand to my tummy, as i squeezed my face, in a bid to supress the cramps. The pains felt like ant bites only God knows how much pain am to take in when the redman finally comes in. 
And to top it all I was fucking wearing a g-string pant! It made me feel so uncomfortable, and the strings! kept on entering my holies of holies. I feel so irritated from within why one Earth am i wearing a g-string on a Monday morning wen it's not Friday.
Oh Gawd let me not be put to shame, i prayed silently in my heart. 
Holy Spirit let there be a halt till i get home. Then red_man can always rush in like a volcano immediately i step into my room. As if God heard me, the cramps stopped immediately the words left my lips. A laugh and a small smile escaped my lips.
I heaved a sigh, sensing my mood had changed to a lit one, i drifted into a nostalgia edge. 
Wanting to just listen to a sweet solo serene song, the first song i played randomly eased my mood. On a norms 'm not this agitated Lara. It's just my hormones messing with my mind. 
The day wasn't going as i would like it to be. Anyways, i had to resume back to my handywork. Which i had abandon unconsciously before creeping into the endless thoughts. 
I snapped out of my thoughts and continued my panting on the board' after gulping a handful cup of a black coffee. A very bitter one hopefully it would supress the pains. 
One slight thought of how far i had come to earn myself a name in this Lagos! Made my stomach thrill with excitement. 
Even though, i had barely make any progress in today's artworks at all, i still feel so proud of myself. And on that note i felt my spirit gingered up. 
I finally focus my mind back to work. And in a snap of fingers, it was five already.
I never, thought today would end seeing the way it crawled like a snail in the morning. In a twink of an eye, i was done packing my stuffs up. I barely even said my goodbyes to teju, before dashing out of the studio' like I was being chased. 
Finally out, the breeze creeped in rushly beneath my free top.
Hmmmmmmm!!! Thank God. I was so tired already and exhausted. Only God knows what time i would get home, with this Lagos damned evil traffic. 
Having stood for like thirty minutes' at the bus stop, with no signs of seeing a bus anytime soon, i was getting really pissed' and annoyed, as I paced back and forth. 
What's going on naau! I hissed, over and over again. Now I was already sweating from inside, as the pain started to bite me again. I bit my lower lips forcefully in a harsh way, to avoid any tears sliding down my cheeks. 
I heaved a sigh again, checking the time; it's almost six.
Shey i won't trek bayii ehnnn? I hissed again. It's getting too crowdy, which i so much hate and have been trying to avoid. 
Lagos crowd ehnn! They make my skin crawl with irritation. They're just so razz!  some would even want to enter you, like as if they suffer blindness from within.... Mtcheeew.
Gawd! I feel so fraustrated, uncomfortable, with the Madh urge building up badly to pee. 
Heeeeei! Wahala!!! And i wanted to pee before leaving the studio. But my mind was just so fixed on getting home. I heaved a loud sigh again.
It is well, it is well.... The words kept on replaying in my head.
Still pacing back and forth at the bus stop, with my tote bag tightly held close to my arm; i was so lost in my own thoughts, i didn't hear the fellow calling me, until he touched my shoulder' making me jump slightly; as I turned my head to face the person who touched me.
Really??? I thought in my mind. Who's this one???
Yes what?? I answered with a straight face.
And he just smiled, as his eyes roamed me from my head to toe.
I rudely snapped a finger to his face. 
Ogah! Are you lost??
Ohh, no, no, no...... Of course not, he cleared his throat and straightened his tie. 
You see' he spoke and shined his teeth again, as if advertising for close up.
My name is Mr Jones, i............ And right there i cut his words off in my head, and faded into my own thoughts. 
Oginni Jones? Aboki sef dey form better pelsin. No be this guy? Wey dey sell suya for them Nana's street. 
My spirit man laughed, ha Gawd! Why is he on suit? He even wore a tie... 
Nawa ohh! Wetin Musa no go see for gate? Mtcheeew.
I just stood there, staring at him, lost of words.
Hello Miss!! Sírî Ekó i
I gave him a dead stare for a brief second to dismiss him, and focus my view to the road hoping to get a bus or Keke.
Still this Mr Oga Jones didn't get the signal
Aunty naau.... Shey you fit give me your talipon numba?
Hmmmmmmm! God let this cup pass over me, seriously he's not worth, it would be such a waste to fuse on this man! Focus! Focus. But my spirit man won't stop cursing him.
Still he won't stop talking!
In annoyance I drifted into my own thoughts again...   
I feel so tired, all I just want to do is get home and release this pee have been holding hostage beneath. That's just the only thing that can give me peace of mind right now. And the bra just gets tighter on my chest every seconds. The way I go fling this bra ehnn immediately I get behind the closed door of my comfort ehn ........
The thoughts made me smile. And this ancient wig on my head scratching me so bad! Only if I fit jus comot am right now on the street of Lagos without looking weird.
Auntie!  ......... Sisi ojuloge!!!
At first it sounded like echo until a hand tapped my shoulder snapping me out of my fantasy. 
I looked up to face reality before giving an irritated hiss. Ha gosh meh! I'm still stuck here.
Be like say that man dey call you.?
Who??? I yelled
I looked forward to find a Keke napep packed beside the busstop. I gave a wide grin...
Finally, a good course to ease the pain
I be wan dey call you since you dey go? The driver shouted.
Yes I dey go. I replied so fast and nervously. Feeling stickish and wet in-between my thighs.
I moved past the aboki man without looking back to sit inside the Keke.
I was stained already. I knew it, no long cap. Thank goodness I'm wearing a thick jean, it should hold it up for a while till I get home. And soon the Keke moved back on the road, the cool evening breeze made me feel at ease as it kissed my skin so deeply almost making me doze off.



Comments

Popular Posts